Aly’s approach to counseling is primarily client-centered, focused on meeting the client where they are at and providing a safe and authentic space to create change for greater wellbeing. She practices from a developmental and relational lens to better understand the experiences that have shaped a client’s identity, and their connections with others. In therapy, Aly balances helping clients foster insight for deeper self-understanding and acceptance, with the development of coping skills for improved quality of life.
- Counseling/psychotherapy experience working with individuals (teens, young adults, and adults), families, and couples at Partial Hospitalization, Intensive Outpatient, and Outpatient levels of care.
- Clinical experiences as a group facilitator helping clients learn evidence-based coping strategies for improved emotion regulation and interpersonal relationships.
- Aly’s primary client interests and experiences are working with Emerging Adults on matters related to depression, anxiety, life transitions/adjustment disorders, identity development, relationship and family conflicts, self-esteem, stress management, and academic issues.
- Registered Mental Health Counselor (RMHCI) in the state of Florida
- Currently under supervision of Julie Johnson, LPCC-S, LMHC -QS
- Working towards the Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) licensure
- Intensively trained in foundations of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (2021)
- Northwestern University, Masters of Arts in Mental Health Counseling (2018-2020)
- The University of Florida, Bachelors of Science (2013-2016)
- The Family Institute at Northwestern University
- American Counseling Association