Colbertson’s approach is focused on the client and their journey throughout life. Our past experiences affect how we live today and tomorrow. Utilizing Psychodynamic Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Colby is invested in his clients and facilities an environment of empathy and hope.
Living within our society and culture has driven us to the desire of being Individualistic, often competing with others and ourselves for a feeling of worth that is just beyond our reach. Colby’s therapeutic style helps clients understand how our social construction may have toxic effects on our mental health.
Colby has experience working with substance dependency, depression, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), grief, and existential anxieties. Colby enjoys working with adult men and women, including older populations with transitions.
- Currently licensed as a CT under the supervision of Julie Johnson, LPCC-S
- Currently working towards Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)-Ohio
- Mental-Health First Aid
- Northwestern University – Master’s Degree in Clinical Counseling 2019-2021
- Ohio University – Bachelor’s in Child and Family Studies
- Ohio University – Certificate in Gerontology
- The Family Institute at Northwestern; Master’s Degree in Clinical Counseling 2019-2021
- American Counseling Association