Katie is focused on the client as client-centered, meeting them where they are. Client-centered is the perspective where the client must make the choices that affect their lives. Katie’s role is utilizing insights that support the client to make the best decisions possible and not make decisions based on impulsive, fear-driven emotions. Katie uses the three essential qualities: genuineness, unconditional positive regard, and empathetic understanding.
Katie works with the client to balance self-care, work, and family. Selt-care is important for someone to take part in but is often overlooked. Katie’s distinct style of treating people with dignity, compassion, and respect are the guiding principles of her therapy. Katie assists in setting boundaries, responding to others’ boundaries, acts as a sounding board, offering a judgment-free space while encouraging positive decisions and changes no matter where the past has lead them.
Katie has experience working with families involved with Family & Children’s services, along with domestic violence shelters. She has worked with individuals, couples, families, and children. Katie works with children 12 and up, CPS cases to assist with the issues attached, individuals, couples, trauma, depression, anxiety, and parenting.
- Currently licensed as a CT under the supervision of Julie Johnson, LPCC-S
- Currently working toward her Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)-Ohio
- Currently working as a CT in Marriage and Family through Grand Canyon-supervised by Julie Johnson, LPCC-S
- Grand Canyon University, Masters in Professional Clinical Counselor, 2017-2021
- Youngstown State Unversity, Bachelor’s in Applied Science, 2012-2016
- American Counseling Association
- Alpha XI Delta