**All therapists are LGBTQIA+ Friendly
Ohio Clinical Therapist
BIPOC Women, Adoption concerns, Adoptees, Religious Concerns, Couples, Anxiety, Depression, and more.
Yolanda has a Humanistic-Existential Therapeutic approach. Her aim as a therapist is to help
clients recover their lost wholeness and strengthen the psyche (mind) so it resists future
Yolanda has a background in theology, pastoral care and counseling, leadership development,
and teaching master-level counseling students. As she journeys with you in your discoveries of
lost, stolen, or broken places; her desire is to enable you to find ultimate meaning in those
experiences. Dependent on the client she is working with she utilizes a variety of treatment
methodologies to help achieve mental health goals.
Her clinical experiences include working with ethnic and race-based stress, those entangled in addiction challenges, intimate partner violence, pre-post adoption concerns, hoarding and related issues, complex grief and loss, LBGQT+, identity formation, and women recovering co-dependents. Yolanda works with. individuals & couples of all ages. She especially enjoys working with women and men who are experiencing stress related to race issues in the workplace; cisgender women and women of color who find themselves confused about religious or spiritually related things; individuals experiencing grief, loss, and questioning the meaning of life; LGBTQ+ community individuals and couples in relationship challenges or identify formation concerns. Yolanda welcomes working with adopted persons, prospective adoptive parents/families, birth parents/families, adoptees, and kindship families.
- Religious Struggles
- Adoptive parents and Adopted persons
- Licensed as LPC in Ohio
- Under the supervision of Julie Johnson, LPCC-S, seeking credentialing as an LPCC in Ohio
- Certificate in Alcohol and Other Drug Addictions Counseling
- Saint Paul School of Theology-Master of Divinity (MDiv)
- Union Institute & University-Master of Art Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MACMHC)
- Park University-Bachelor of Science Social-Psychology (BS)
- Certification Online Instructor-University of Wisconsin/Madison
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Chi Sigma Iota Counseling Academic & Professional
- Honor Society International (CSI)
- United Methodist Endorsing Agency