**All therapists are LGBTQIA+ Friendly
Clinical Therapist Supervisor licensed in Ohio, Florida, and South Carolina
Julie is licensed in Ohio (LPCC-S), Florida (LMHCH-QS), and South Carolina (LPC-PCS)
Owner of Johnson Counseling & Coaching, Supervisor, Mentor, Speaker, and Counselor
Individuals dating through post-divorce, (health & wellness, career coaching, NDE’s (near death experiences), and grief counseling.
Julie is a critical incident responder, corporate speaker, and supervisor to interns and first-year licensees. She is an accomplished business owner who has helped many therapists start up their own practice, hold retreats, and integrates career counseling as needed for her clients. Julie is known as a dynamic speaker, professor, blog writer, and mentor. As the owner of the practice, she upholds integrity, ethics, and quality care to all of her staff and clients.
Julie is diverse in her approach to therapy. She uses solution-focused, CBT and Mindfulness with the client’s strengths and insight. Unique in her diversity, she is versed in alternative spirituality.
Julie is a results coach for private pay.
- health & wellness
- career coaching
- NDE’s (near-death experiences)
- As a result coach, she uses different techniques than insurance allows.
- Services provided for assisting families through grief and hospice care
Her style is straightforward. Client empowerment with compassion and respect. Julie uses relatable and realistic tools for you to move through your journey to accomplish your goals. She will assist you in setting up self-care, even if it is 5-10 minutes a day for stress reduction.
- NDE’s, spiritual matters (alternative practices)
- Counseling/psychotherapy experience working with marriage, couples, individuals, groups, outdoor therapy, and Alcohol/Drugs.
- Clinical Director experience in dual diagnoses residential facilities, pregnant women, with addictions, veterans, and adolescents.
- Developed and assisted in the development of multiple mental health and AOD programs throughout Ohio.
- Built multiple private practices for other clinicians..
- Experienced Supervisor for interns and those who need supervision toward their licenses in Ohio and Florida.
- On-site CISD
- Dual licensures: Ohio and Florida as a Supervisor
- Nutrition and Mental Health
- Meditation/Wellness therapies
- Coaching for relationships, business/career**not covered by insurance
- Yoga for Depression and Anxiety
- EAP-including On-site CISD
- Speaking engagements
- Grief and Loss
- Mandatory Referrals (with EAP)
- Julie was. a professor at Northwestern University at the Family Institute where she taught career and addictions.
- Mental Health and Yoga
- Coaching for businesses, growth, development, and more in the MH field for corporations and small businesses
- Coaching clients to be successful in their own career and self-care paths (separate from MH/Not eligible for health insurance/EAP services).
- The University of Dayton-MS.ED
- Capital University-BA
Julie enjoys her self-care time through:
Traveling, Kayaking, Skydiving, White Water Rafting, Camping, Ballroom & Latin dancing, and women’s drum circle to name a few! Prior to being a therapist, Julie worked at The Ohio State University as an assistant to surgeons with Kidney/Panc transplants, Plastics, PVS, and more.
Julie is a sunshine-loving person and the outdoors is where she is found when not working. Some of her favorite places to travel in Florida are Clearwater, Naples, Tampa, Orlando, Key West, Key Largo, Everglades National Park, and Osceola National Forest. Ohio, you will find her in the rivers and parks, going to plays in Columbus, and exploring Cleveland, and Cincinnati. You will find her at North Myrtle Beach area where she enjoys the winter holidays with family, and where she spent much of her childhood.
Julie believes her mission is to teach self-care.